Everyone needs their air conditioner to work during the hotter months to stay safe and comfortable at home. When it comes to cooling your home, schedule annual maintenance for your HVAC system to extend its life and performance. Here are some tips on AC tune-ups you’ll want to know.
When Should You Schedule an AC Tune-Up?
You should schedule AC tune-ups once a year to keep it running smoothly. Once a year is enough for system maintenance. Typically, AC maintenance is best suited for the spring. That way, HVAC technicians can check the cooling system before the summer season to ensure everything works properly.
HVAC Tune-Up Checklist
When you hire an HVAC company to check the air conditioner, they’ll perform a wide range of services, like
- Inspect the outdoor AC unit and the area around it. Check for refrigerant leaks in the condenser coils, evaporator coils, and refrigerant lines.
- Replace the air filter to improve air quality.
- Lubricate the blower motor and check the fan belt.
- Clean the condenser lines.
- Check all electrical connections.
HVAC technicians have the tools, onsite experience, and skills to perform these tune-ups fast and efficiently. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your HVAC system works with lower utility bills to match!
Schedule Service with Allied Air Conditioning and Heating!
Call Allied Air Conditioning and Heating at 847-262-3349 for professional AC maintenance. We’re always available 24/7 for any emergency calls. Our NATE-certified HVAC professionals ensure your AC system works all year.