Are you concerned that your aging system might not last another summer? Maybe it’s time to call an Allied technician to come out and check your system. It’s a good idea to do this before the full force of summer’s heat makes cooling a necessity, not just a nicety.
A little preventive maintenance can go a long way to making your air cooler and your system last longer. It can save you from spending a sleepless night, sweltering with no AC.
You don’t have to be an HVAC specialist to recognize some signs that your air conditioning system might need some attention. Ask yourself:
- Is the AC on, but it’s barely getting cooler inside?
- Do you hear banging or rattling noises when your fan starts blowing?
- Do you ever smell unpleasant odors when your system is running?
- Can you see discoloration on your condenser’s grills?
- Have you recently had several power outages?
- Does your thermostat cycle on and off too frequently?
- Has ice has formed on your outside unit?
If you are experiencing one or more of these issues, it’s time to call in one of Allied’s NATE Certified technicians. They can help you assess the situation, and decide what makes most sense for you and your family.
Tips To Keep Cool On The Hottest Days
Even the best system can’t overcome issues of poor insulation, or extreme heat. On those super hot days of summer, there are a few things you can do to help your AC run more productively:
- First – and always – check your filters.Are they clean or do they need to be replaced?
- Close window blinds and curtainsLimiting sunlight from coming in, will go a long way to keeping your energy bill down, and your home cooler.
- Limiting opening outside doors.The more warm air you allow in, the more cool air you allow out. Think of it as costing you money every time you open that front door. Be extra careful between the hours of 10AM-2PM – when the sun is at its hottest.
- Give your AC unit outside some shadeProtecting your system from the sun’s heat, gives up to a 3% boost to the efficiency of your system. Be careful that you are still allowing plenty of airflow around the unit.
- Look for gaps and fill them.Is weather stripping on your doors broken or missing?
Is there a gap between the bottom or the top of the door and the frame?
Do all your windows close and seal tightly?
Is one room substantially hotter than another?
- While you are away keep your AC between 78-80 degreesIf you raise the setting higher than 80 degrees on hot days, when you return, it will put a higher load on your system and it will take longer to get your home to a comfortable temperature.
Whether you need service for preventive maintenance, a repair, or if you need advice on replacing your system, Allied is here to assist. You should always expect:
- Prompt, professional service
- Competitive rates
- Quality parts
- Budget-friendly options
- A strong guarantee program
Here’s hoping your home is the perfect temperature, no matter what the season.
Allied Air Conditioning and Heating Corp. understands your heating and cooling machinery can break down when you least expect it, which is why we offer 24 hour service, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We also offer financing options, to take the burden off replacement costs.
When you call Allied Air Conditioning & Heating Corp., you can expect the following, every time:
- Repairs on all major manufacturers of furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, boilers, and hi-velocity systems.
- Up-front diagnostic fees and flat-rate repair pricing, eliminating any surprises.
- HVAC system performance testing.
- Carbon Monoxide testing and certification.
- CO analysis.
- Help with electrical issues, from minor repairs to full generator installations. We are also licensed electricians.