For many of us, the holidays are the busiest time of the year. Hosting family gatherings, meals, and parties feature in many families’ plans—ensure a problem with your heating system doesn’t mess them up. A failing HVAC system could turn your comfy home into an icebox just when company is arriving.
Or, maybe you’re traveling out of town. You don’t want to come home to an icy house, especially if you’re leaving pets behind for a few days.
Whatever your holiday plans, preventative maintenance is key to keeping them. Schedule your checkup with Allied Air Conditioning & Heating so everything goes as planned for your favorite holiday. You’ll have happy memories of your favorite holiday for years to come.
Your Allied Technician will check the following during service:
- Inspect the entire system. Yearly HVAC service ensures your system runs properly. You should have your system inspected every fall before truly cold weather arrives.
- Change the air filters. You should regularly change the filters—ideally monthly, definitely at least quarterly. Depending on the size of your family, number of pets, or how many parties you are throwing, among other reasons, you might want to do it more often. Regular replacement/cleaning of air filters help maintain a healthy heating system and reduces system wear and tear. A clogged filter can really reduce efficiency and strain the mechanics of your system. It also reduces air quality, affecting people with asthma and allergies. Your technician will do it during service.
- Clean the vents. Keeping your air vents regularly vacuumed can allow warm air to flow more freely around your home, easing temperature regulation. Everyone in your home will be more cozy and comfortable—and you could save money on heating, too. Your technician can point out where you might want to regularly vacuum.
- Check the thermostat. The thermostat tells your system when to turn on, how long to run, and when to turn off. This is the part of your system that most often fails—and when it’s broken, nothing runs. Even if your thermostat is functioning, if it’s old you might really enjoy an upgrade to a programmable thermostat. You can set the thermostat to adjust the temperature so you come home to a warmer house at night. There are also models that let you control the temperature via your smartphone while you’re away.
- Identify issues with your ignition or pilot light. The igniter lights your gas furnace—no light, no heat. If you’re hearing “click, click, click” but no “whoosh,” you likely have an igniter problem. We’ll ensure your ignition is functioning properly before it’s a problem. And, if yours goes out, we can perform this simple fix.
- Inspect fan motors, bearings, and belts. Regular maintenance keeps everything in your furnace and system running smoothly.
Every host or hostess wants the holiday memories to be about the cheer—and not the crisis. Preventive maintenance now means you’ll be warm when the temperatures start falling. Call Allied to schedule a checkup now.
But even with the best laid plans, things happen. If they do – with 24/7 emergency HVAC services, Allied is just a phone call away.
For more than four decades, Allied has been the best North Suburban source for all your household heating and cooling repairs. Our reputation is based on consistently providing prompt, professional service and the highest quality products from manufacturers like Carrier.